Michal Mine

The history of the Michal Mine dates back to 1843, when the Austrian Monarchy began excavating two mine pits in Michálkovice near Ostrava. One of them was the so called Michálkovice pit no. 3 renamed to Michal pit after the late court counsellor Michael Laier. It represents extraordinarily valuable authentic industrial premises from a constructional and technical point of view. The refurbishment finished in 1915, according to the design of an important architect František Fiala, had a significant influence on the appearance of the mine.

MICHAL MINE
This content requires Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled.
Built on Flash Panorama Player.
24/nahled02.jpg

CHAIN CLOAKROOMS

24/nahled03.jpg

TERM. OF THE OPERATION

24/nahled04.jpg

MACHINE ROOM

24/nahled05.jpg

ROTARY CONVERTER