Sovinec Castle

The first mention of the majestic castle standing in the village of the same name on a wide rocky point of land is from 1332. The castle was founded by the Lords of Sovinec who belonged to an important Moravian family. It was a defence castle and guarded the way leading from Olomouc to Silesia. During the occupation French war prisoners were imprisoned there, after whom wall paintings have been preserved.

Sovinec Castle
This content requires Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled.
Built on Flash Panorama Player.
11/nahled02.jpg

EXPOSITION

11/nahled03.jpg

SIEGE OF SOVINEC

11/nahled04.jpg

COURTYARD OF THE CASTLE

11/nahled05.jpg

STRONG FORTIFICATONS

11/nahled06.jpg

RECONSTRUCTION