Frýdek-Místek Chateau

The beginnings of the Frýdek Chateau are closely related with the existence of the town of Frýdek. Frýdek was founded in the period after 1327 when due to the feudal relationship of the Těšín Prince Kazimír to the Czech King John of Luxembourg, mutual contacts were revived and strengthened. Higher trade relations with Moravia and the increase of the importance of the road leading from Olomouc through Příbor to Těšín required building a new castle at a suitable place at a point of land above the Ostravice River. The original premises consisted of a tower building on a slightly trapezoidal ground plan. Further constructional changes were carried out later, which included the connection of short one-storey side wings running on the sides of the old building along the courtyard and forming the ground plan of an open U. A large representative hall was made in the first floor of the side wing, another storey was added to the original tower building and the vertical connection with the storeys of the building was solved by building a prismatic addition of the present side staircase.

Present Frýdek Chateau
This content requires Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled.
Built on Flash Panorama Player.
13/nahled01.jpg

ORIGINAL GOTHIC CASTLE

13/nahled02.jpg

THE CHAPEL

13/nahled03.jpg

KNIGHT HALL

13/nahled05.jpg

THE MUSEUM